Juan Saavedra Castro, Esq.(787) 722-7741 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yale University
- Harvard Law School
- Puerto Rico
- New York
Juan Saavedra Castro is a graduate of Yale University and Harvard Law School. He served as a law clerk to Chief Judge José Trias Monge, Supreme Court of Puerto Rico. Later, he was an associate at White & Case, New York. He then joined the law firm Ferraiouli Axtmayer & Hertell, in San Juan Puerto Rico.
He was General Counsel and Director of the Legal Division at the Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico. Since then, he has been an attorney in private practice, specializing in corporate, banking and copyright law, and complex commercial and environmental litigation.
He is a member of the New York and Puerto Rico Bar. He is a co-author of “Leadership in Puerto Rico: Nationalism and the United States”, published by the United Nations University Leadership Academy.
He currently sits on the Board of Directors of Fundación Segarra Boerman e Hijos, an NGO concentrated on supporting education opportunities for indigent students throughout the island.
Juan’s client victories include:
- Settlement of a class action suit brought on behalf of African American union members against the Long Island Railroad
- Representing the Republic of the Philippines against Ferdinand Marcos and others
- Class action on behalf of 200 gasoline retail service stations against Esso
- Multimillion dollar judgment/settlement against insurers in medical malpractice cases — including one of the largest ever obtained in Puerto Rico
- Multimillion dollar copyright infringement jury verdict
- Multimillion dollar settlement against an insolvent Puerto Rico insurance company