Michael H. Moore(202) 869-2064 email@example.com Download vCard
- LL.M., American University, Washington College of Law (2014)
- J.D., New York Law School (2001) M.C.J., University of South Carolina (1998)
- B.A., University of South Carolina (1995)
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
Michael Howard Moore is an attorney with extensive experience representing homeowners and business owners whose properties were damaged by floods, hurricanes, wildfires and other catastrophic events. He concentrates on helping individuals, local governments, municipalities, and businesses solve serious problems related to insurance coverage issues. He assists in preparing their insurance claims, submitting proofs of loss, and advancing their claims in negotiations, mediations, administrative proceedings, and litigation.
He is currently litigating insurance claims for the historic Louisiana flood of 2016, Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Maria and Florence.
Prior to joining Weisbrod Matteis & Copley, Michael worked on large matters for a number of law firms and federal agencies in the areas of insurance recovery, fraud litigation, and financial regulation. While in Law School, Mr. Moore interned for the U.S. State Department, U.S. Marshals Service, U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Department of Defense, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. He attended New York Law School, where he was the 2001 commencement speaker and the recipient of the Dean’s Award for Student Leadership.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Michael has hosted numerous informational town hall sessions and seminars in Louisiana, Texas, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Puerto Rico.
Involvement in the Community – Puerto Rico
Michael has volunteered throughout his stay in Puerto Rico in several organizations including the Salvation Army, the VA hospital serving breakfast on Tuesdays to veterans, and helping organic fruit and vegetable farmers in Ponce to rebuild their farms after damages from the passage of Hurricanes Irma & Maria. Michael has spent much of the last year in Puerto Rico meeting with municipalities, residents and business and property owners about their claims.
Michael has participated in numerous community meetings throughout the Yabucoa, Guaynabo, Rio Grande, Fajardo, Humacoa, Ponce, Mayaguez, Luquillo, Maunabo, Arecibo, Utaudo, Yayuya, Naguabo, Toa Baja, Vega Alta, Vega Baja, Culebra, Vieques, Utaudo and the San Juan Metro Areas.
He also presented and participated in several Association and organizations’ events in Puerto Rico including:
- Condado En Mi Corazon Assembly (2018 & 2019)
- (CUD) Centro Unidos de Detailistas Convention (August, 2018)
- Assemblies in Dorado (August, 2019)
- Associon De Condominios Summits in (August 2018, December 2018, and March 2019)
- Federacion de Condominios Seminar (2019)
- San Patrico Assembly for Condo Owners
- Video – The Isiah Factor – Fox 26 – Houston
- Video -Fox 26 – Houston – DC law firm in town offering to help Harvey victims level the playing field
- Story – Fox 26 – Houston – Firm holds Hurricane Harvey town hall series
- Story – Livingston Parish News.com – Deadline near for proof of loss claim with insurance lawyer
- Video – KADN – Weisbrod Matteis and Copley PLLC helping flood victims