Joseph J. Khan(215) 240-1164 firstname.lastname@example.org Download vCard
- J.D., The University of Chicago Law School (2000)
- B.A., Swarthmore College (1997)
- Smith Memorial Playground and Playhouse, Board of Directors
- SEAMAAC, Board of Directors
- Church of St. Martin-in-the-Fields, Stewardship Committee
- Friends of Gorgas Park, Improvements Committee
- Pennsylvania District Attorney’s Association
- South Asian Bar Association of Philadelphia
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania
- Litigation Counsel of America
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Joe Khan is a nationally recognized trial and appellate lawyer who has litigated hundreds of cases in state and federal courts. After a 16 year career as a federal and city prosecutor leading high profile prosecutions of CEOs, politicians and sex offenders, Joe now prosecutes complex claims of corporate misconduct throughout the United States. He is currently representing governmental entities and other parties in litigation against the major corporations responsible for the American opioid epidemic. He represents whistleblowers, having extensive experience safeguarding the rights of cooperating witnesses in False Claims Act, public corruption, and other federal investigations. Joe also represents victims of sexual assault and advises public officials and political candidates on a wide variety of issues.
The coordinator of WMC’s pro bono program in Philadelphia, Joe has a lifelong commitment to public service. He is an active member of several non-profit boards, civic groups and political organizations. He has received numerous awards for his public service and won widespread acclaim as the runner-up in the seven-way primary election for Philadelphia District Attorney in 2017. Joe is deeply committed to promoting inclusion in the legal profession and is the chair of WMC’s national diversity committee.
Joe lectures across the country and is a member of the adjunct faculty at the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he teaches trial advocacy. He frequently appears in local and national media to discuss legal issues and was featured on 20/20 and other programs as special prosecutor on the “Match.com Rapist” case.
Joe is a lifelong Philadelphian and a graduate of the city’s public schools. He began his career in the Philadelphia DA’s Office prosecuting sexual assault, child abuse and domestic violence before serving for a decade as an Assistant United States Attorney for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Joe is an avid athlete and has completed dozens of triathlons and other races. He and his wife Jessica raise their two sons in Northwest Philadelphia.