Andrew Lamb(202) 830-2388 firstname.lastname@example.org Download vCard
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School
- Ph.D., University of Notre Dame
- District of Columbia
- “Obtaining the Full Benefit of D&O Insurance”, Corporate Compliance Insights, November 9, 2015
- “Directors & Officers Liability Insurers: Whose Side Are They On?”, Corporate Counsel, June 1, 2015
- “Is Your Insurer Really On Your Side?”, The Corporate Board, May/June 2015
Andrew (“Andy”) Lamb is a partner at WMC. Andy represents businesses and individuals in litigation, arbitration, and mediation. He also has represented clients in public interest matters.
Andy previously served as a trial attorney in the United States Department of Justice, Civil Division. At DOJ, he defended the United States in over 30 cases, without loss, before the United States Court of Federal Claims and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He was recognized at DOJ, and by an Army general, for exemplary work in successfully defending the Army against breach-of-contract claims in multiple cases.
Before working at DOJ, Andy served for two years with a non-profit helping to supervise trafficking-in-persons prosecutions in the Philippines. In that capacity, he also authored petitions that led the Philippine government to close businesses for human trafficking, and he drafted language for an amended anti-human trafficking law enacted in the Philippines in 2013. Before working in the Philippines, Andy was an associate at Covington & Burling LLP.
Andy’s private practice representations have included:
- Representing two of the world’s largest private equity firms in successfully pursuing insurance coverage for lawsuits alleging securities fraud, negligent misrepresentation, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Representing a global asset-management group in litigation for insurance coverage of lawsuits alleging antitrust violations.
- Representing a distributor in a contract dispute with a foreign manufacturer, resulting in a successful settlement, and securing insurance coverage for the client’s defense costs.
- Representing a subsidiary of a Fortune Global 100 manufacturing company in litigation for insurance coverage for its defense against a personal-injury lawsuit.
- Drafting all briefs for a Supreme Court writ of certiorari petition for a subsidiary of a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in False Claims Act litigation.
- Advising potential clients on the merits of potential False Claims Act cases.
- Securing child custody and child support for a domestic abuse victim (pro bono).
- Representing plaintiffs in litigation, favorably settled, that alleged injuries and death due to U.S. Constitution violations at a Washington, DC, prison (pro bono).
Andy was recognized as a “Rising Star” attorney by Super Lawyers in 2014 and 2015. He earned his J.D. at the University of Chicago Law School, where he was the managing editor of the Chicago Journal of International Law. Andy also has a Ph.D. in Philosophy from the University of Notre Dame. Before his career as an attorney, Andy taught philosophy at the University of Georgia.