Magaly Rodríguez-Quiñones(787) 474-0244
- Northwestern University School of Law, Master of Laws with honors, 1999
- University of Puerto Rico School of Law, JD (Cum Laude), 1988
- University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus, BA Major in Psychology (Cum Laude), 1984
- Centro Caribeño de Estudios Post Graduados, San Juan Campus, Masters Degree in Industrial / Organizational Psychology candidate
- 1989- Supreme Court and Courts of First Instance for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- 1990- United States District Court, District of Puerto Rico
- 1991- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Magaly is a Senior Litigation Attorney at Weisbrod Matteis & Copley in the Puerto Rico office, where she mostly represents commercial plaintiffs whose properties were damaged by Hurricane Maria against insurance companies who fail to pay their claims. She is a licensed attorney in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico and the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, as well as a Civil Law Notary.
Prior to joining Weisbrod Matteis & Copley, Magaly worked on complex litigation matters for a few mid-sized and boutique law firms. She has been intensively litigating civil and commercial matters, since their inception until their appellate stage, mostly representing insurance companies, multinational corporate clients and governmental agencies and municipalities, at state and federal courts, arbitration and administrative proceedings. Magaly has been part of the defense team in various complex cases, such as the Río Piedras Explosion mass tort litigation; the compulsory insurance litigation both at federal court (García Rubiera v. Fortuño, Civil No. 02-01179 ) and state court (Drusila Morales de Loperena, et al, v. ASC, Civil # K AC01-7531 (908); and the Aljoma fire (Aljoma Lumber v. A.E.E., et als., Civil # J DP2004-0252). Her comprehensive litigation practice includes matters related to insurance, business and corporate law, commercial financing, contracts, trade regulations and torts, as well as a very thorough appellate and administrative practice.
Ms. Rodríguez-Quiñones holds a Master of Laws from Northwestern University School of Law (with honors); and, obtained her JD (Cum Laude) from the University of Puerto Rico School of Law. She has a BA in Psychology (Cum Laude) from the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus and is a candidate for a Master Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology.